※ Preview may take some time.
※ Preview is not available for songs under copyright collective.
CLOAD is the brand new mini-album by Tadahiro Nitta, one of the top game music composers of the home computers in the '80s and '90s. Tadahiro's classic compositions for MICROCABIN on the MSX platform were received with wide acclaim and are exemplary of pushing the combination of FM* and PSG* audio to the limit. Prime tracks were composed for games such as Illusion City, the Xakseries and Fray in Magical Adventure. On CLOAD Tadahiro revisits 8 of the great pieces that accompanied the gamer back then. While using modern day recording equipment and software, Tadahiro stays very close to the original sound. Most tracks on the album were created with the MSX2+ (Sanyo PHC-70FD) only, for example. The vintage sound from Yamaha PortaSound synthesizers was added on two other tracks! It's 2020 and MICROCABIN's music is back!
* FM: Frequency modulation, sound chips like OPLL and OPL2, PSG: Programmable Sound Generator, sound chips like the YM2149 and AY-3-8910.
1. Opening (Xak, 2:41)
2. Battle Field (Xak, 2:57)
3. Upsky of Fire Land (Xak, 4:12)
4. Running Fray (Fray, 1:49)
5. DoMiSo Go (Fray, 1:14)
6. Surfing Go Go! (Fray, 1:27)
7. Borose Forest (Xak 2, 2:18)
8. Illusion City-Theme A (Illusion City, 3:42)
* Sanyo PHC-70FD MSX2+ for tracks 1-8
* YAMAHA PortaSound PSS-370, PSS-380 and PSS-480 for tracks 7 and 8
From 1989 to 2006, he belonged to "MICROCABIN" as a game sound creator. In particular, the MSX sound produced from 1989 to 1991 has received high praise from home and abroad. After that, in a short period of only a few years, Tadahiro Nitta's MSX sound seemed to have fallen asleep for a long time ... However, in 2020, he started working as a new MSX musician with a workable MSX. The sleeping lion wakes up now ... There is something I can do now. Let's make your dreams come true.